Colorado/Wyoming Chapter AFS – Funding Request Procedures:
The Colorado/Wyoming Chapter of the American Fisheries Society (CWCAFS) requires all individuals or groups seeking funds to submit their request on our Funding Request Form. Click your mouse on the highlighted “Funding Request Form” to view the application (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and edit the form). Fill in the necessary information directly to the application form, complete all blanks so we have all the information necessary to judge your request’s merit. Once you have completed the form, either print it out and mail it or save and email it to the current CO-WY AFS Secretary-Treasurer.
The following are the various catagories available from our Chapter:
- Grant: Money presented to an individual or group to implement a project or specific activity that benefits the fisheries resource. Usually part of a cost-share program and no repayment is required.
- Sponsorship: Money presented to an individual or group to assist with the development of a specific activity, such as a meeting or Kid’s Fishing Day, etc. that will benefit the fisheries resource as well as make people aware of the Chapter and its goals. The money is donated with a requirement that the Chapter will be acknowledged during the promotion of the activity.
- Symposium: Assist with funding a conference that will discuss fisheries related topic. The EXCOM will have discretion to determine if repayment of all or part of the donation will be required.
- Continuing Ed: Provide funding to cover the cost of an AFS sponsored continuing education workshop. The EXCOM will have discretion to determine if repayment of all or part of the donation will be required.
- Partnership: Funding for a project that the Chapter will be actively involved in producing.
- Loan: Funds provided to an organization or individuals to develop a program that will benefit the Chapter’s goals. These funds would usually be considered “start-up” funds for a specific program, meeting, or project repayment to the Chapter would be required within a specific time determined by the EXCOM.
To View and/or Fill Out the Application Form Click Here: Funding Request Form. Once you have completed the form, either print it out and mail it or save and email it to the current CO-WY AFS Secretary-Treasurer